Monday, August 17, 2009

Lake Placid

















Prayer really works---I went to Lake Placid and didn't go into labor!!! I just could not take it in Doylestown any longer, so I was daring and traveled! Let me just say Jonathan and I had the BEST time. It ranks up there as one of our best vacations (first is England, second W. Palm , and third Lake Placid). We covered some territory in upstate NY and didn't leave one stone unturned. We were there with Jack and Patty and they were great company. All of us hope to make this a tradition and return next year!

Patty and I drove up and met the boys on Thursday and came home on Sunday. The 6 hour ride up was half the fun! Of course the boys flew there in 30 minutes--I am sure they wish they rode with us! I attached a few pics of our trip.

A few highlights...

Jonathan and I went to the peak of Whiteface Mtn. which is 4,810 ft. above sea level. We had to hike 1/5 mile to the top; unfortunately, there is no picture going up as I was holding onto the rail and jonathan was giving a push or two along the way! It was beautiful.

One day we took a gondola ride to Little Whiteface--I am scared of heights and was a bit scared, but I survived. Of course Jonathan, the daredevil, was bouncing around the thing taking pictures and checking out the scenery!

The day before we left we went kayaking. Baby Whit decided he didn't really enjoy kayaking, so poor Jonathan had to row the entire time! It looked like a workout!









No comments:

Post a Comment